Friday, August 5, 2011

In which I bask - and beg

I have a hero.

Did you know that?

Her name is Linda Eyre. You may have noticed her on my sidebar. She has nine children, and has written countless books on parenting. My favorite, "A Joyful Mother of Children," has been read so many times that the spine is falling apart. I've underlined and dog-eared it to death. She shares so many REAL stories that keep me laughing and feeling normal, and yet gives me so much hope at the same time. She makes my dreams of raising (spiritual, strong, intelligent, kind, compassionate, responsible, forgiving, open, industrious, patriotic, creative) LEADERS seem achievable. She taught me the value of structure and organization and planning - and the treasure that is flexibility and quality time and just enjoying the moment. She taught me that motherhood is hard work - and more joyful than any other work out there. She taught me concrete skills to help me teach values that we all want for our children.

She and her husband Richard have a new book coming out that our country NEEDS right now - "The Entitlement Trap." It's hitting the stores in September, but the more people pre-order it, the higher it will climb up the best-seller list, and the more people it will reach. This is one of those books that can change the world, one family at a time. We really need to get Congress to get a copy.

If you pre-order now, you'll get a 33% discount ($12 instead of $18) AND get it sooner than the bookstores do. Just go to http://entitlementtrap.com/overview.htm and click on the pre-order tab at the top.

Please do yourself a favor and order this book! 

(And no, I've not been given any incentives to peddle this book. And I've already pre-ordered mine!)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So I have a question about "A Joyful Mother of Children." How would a non-SAHM feel reading this book? Because some of the things I read about being a good mom make the assumption that if you want to be a good mom you are already at home with your children all day, and then proceed to give a lot of advice that I will not be able to implement. I'll leave the guilt, irritation, and sometimes anger reactions to your imagination.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I love Linda Eyre books! :)

Julie said...

Thank you for using the correct form of peddle. That made me happy.

mckell said...

No way. As I was preparing to leave my mother's house she handed me 3 Linda Eyre books, which I've just been jumping into and LOVING. In fact, earlier today I added her to my mental list of "Mother's to Admire." So it makes me infinitely happy to find you blogging about her. I will order this new one! Oh yes I will.