Thursday, March 3, 2011

In which my blog makes me better

This morning as I rounded the corner into the kitchen, smack in front of me there was a quarter-sized brown rock. I reflexively bent to pick it up - I do have a crawler who loooooves to eat rocks - and realized it was soft.

And warm.

And stinky.

Yes. Oh yes. Poop.

It was then the trail of feces became apparent - all the way down the hall and into the NBC's room.

And there perched Mr. Squishy, so proud of himself for climbing up into the crib to play with his just-woke-up little brother. Consequently smearing everything with excrement.



And as I'm exclaiming in a loud voice - "Poop! Poop everywhere! Ew! Ew! Grooooooooss!" my husband very wisely observed,

"This would make a great blog."

My gross factor immediately dwindled to zero, to be replaced by utter amusement and anticipation.

And THAT, ladies (do I have any gentlemen?) is why I blog.

11 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Ain't that a fact!

I only wish I was blogging back when my first born painted his walls with poo! Instead, I just went outside (we lived in the country) and SCREAMED!

Erin said...

Glad that thought calmed you down. I still think I would be grossed out.

The Jensen Family said...

Did you make a note to yourself to NEVER EVER pick up little brown rocks EVER AGAIN?

Happy trails to you!!!!

Harmony said...

so, the question must be asked... where are pictures of the poop?

Qait said...

AMEN.

Melanie Jacobson said...

I really hate poop. But blogging has saved more than one of my children from a mommy meltdown.

Rachel Sue said...

I recently stuck my finger into a poopy diaper. (not on purpose) literally 30 minutes after telling MommyJ that I had never had poop under my fingernails before. That changed. And the only thing I could think was: I have got to go email her.

Anonymous said...

Surprise Mom! It's your very own trail of POOP! Don't you feel super special and loved?

I LOVE THIS POST!

My sister and I were just talking about how we need to blog about funky boy feet and how gross they are. =)

rori said...

Eeeeeek! Poop!

Nikki said...

So many tears this morning from laughing so hard. I'm so glad for blogs. It does make horrible poop-smeared mornings much easier.

raprettyman said...

I cried when mine smeared poo into the carpet and heat vent. That's just not a smell you want to revisit every time the central air turns on! Didn't help that it was the second time he'd smeared poo on something.