Monday, January 4, 2010

Holiday Haikus

Hosting thirty peeps
Laughter, sleeping in - jokes, games
Laundry out my ears

*****

Christmas means fam'ly
Fam'ly means fun and lotsafood
I gained too much weight

*****

Good thing I got a
Freezer for all the leftov-
Ers; it is handy

*****

(Haikus are very
Hard to match the syllables
And still make sense)

*****

I do like presents
When they entertain my kids
Long enough to clean

*****

Pretty sure my fam'ly
Is the best thing about me
I love them lots-lots

*****

Haikus are good fun (but)
Subject matter limited
When fam'ly reads them

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

So deep.

Kazzy said...

I am with ya on everything except for the thirty peeps. Yikes.

Harmony said...

I liked the leftov-ers Haiku.

Nikki said...

HAHAHA! I occasionally write a random Haiku on my blog. But I agree with Harmony, I really liked the Leftov-ers part. So funny.

Nikki said...

P.S. Is that thirty peeps in addition to your own hubby and boys?

DeNae said...

You are such a nut!
Who feeds thirty dinner guests?
Time to see a shrink!

(A haiku comment for your haiku post!)

Rachel Sue said...

But so very creative. You should teach a creative writing class.

Danielle said...

hahaha! I loved these! They made my day.

Happy New Year! xoxo

Terresa said...

We just got our freezer last year, didn't know how we raised our family to this point without it. I love freezing leftovers!! I wonder if I could fit it into our 72 hr kit?