Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Indulgences

I don't diet.

My eating philosophy instead is: eat healthy. Revolutionary, I know.

However, this outlook is tougher to follow when it comes to sweets. Cuz DUH, I can't cut them out completely. Refer to the first sentence if you want to know why.

I have found three treats that are yummy enough to squelch The Urge, and big enough to keep me from eating ten serving sizes. I have graciously decided to share with you. But mostly Stepper, since she's off sugar and I'm trying to sabotage her.

Number Uno:
Dude, have you tried these things? So delicious. And huge. And only one point. (I'm not on Weight Watchers, but apparently only one point is a good thing.)

Thing second:

image here

Frozen blueberries doused in milk. Needs no sugar. It sort of solidifies into this slushie-type antioxidant deliciousness. I have this a good three times a week.

Last semicolon:

Fudge-y yumminess at 68 calories a pop. (Though I usually have two.)

Got the recipe here, but I've pasted the instructions for your convenience.

Whisk together:
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a separate bowl, beat until stiff:
  • 6 large egg whites
Slowly add to the egg whites:
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar - one Tablespoon at a time
  • (note) these measurements are less than the original recipe, but still taste great. Bonus!
Then beat in:
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped and melted
Fold in the dry ingredients, then bake on a greased cookie sheet (or wax paper) 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. When I make a batch, I freeze the majority of them and save them for when I get cravings.
*********************

More eating - less guilt.

I can handle this.