My eating philosophy instead is: eat healthy. Revolutionary, I know.
However, this outlook is tougher to follow when it comes to sweets. Cuz DUH, I can't cut them out completely. Refer to the first sentence if you want to know why.
I have found three treats that are yummy enough to squelch The Urge, and big enough to keep me from eating ten serving sizes. I have graciously decided to share with you. But mostly Stepper, since she's off sugar and I'm trying to sabotage her.
Dude, have you tried these things? So delicious. And huge. And only one point. (I'm not on Weight Watchers, but apparently only one point is a good thing.)
Frozen blueberries doused in milk. Needs no sugar. It sort of solidifies into this slushie-type antioxidant deliciousness. I have this a good three times a week.
Fudge-y yumminess at 68 calories a pop. (Though I usually have two.)
Got the recipe here, but I've pasted the instructions for your convenience.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar - one Tablespoon at a time
- (note) these measurements are less than the original recipe, but still taste great. Bonus!
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped and melted
More eating - less guilt.
I can handle this.