- Yes, we came up with all 52 dates by ourselves. Just us, a pad of paper, and a pen. And some really good hot fudge brownie sundaes. They are my muse, so to speak.
- We had to get really creative once we hit 30 dates or so ....
- None repeat. And we're only going to the movies ONCE.
- Some are free, some are not. The free ones tend to be cheesier.
- We put all 52 dates in a jar, and we will choose one a week. They are color-coded.
- White = stay at home
- Green = out
- Yellow = out, but after the kids are in bed
- There is actually a picture of said jar over there --------> Feel free to grab it. I plan to post every Monday.
This week's date was an "out, but after the kids go to bed" date. And it was free.
Therefore, cheese to the max.
Are you ready for this?
We went on a GREETING CARD HUNT.
That's right. A greeting card hunt. We went to Wal-Mart at 9 o'clock at night and had ourselves a little competition. The categories:
a) the funniest
b) the most romantic
c) the tackiest
d) the most blush-worthy
I'm sorry to say that My Man won all four.
I liked this one a lot.
And of course who wouldn't love a giant pickle card.
We even learned some profound lessons!
We also made up our own "blush worthy" cards. And we kissed a lot. And laughed our heads off. And took random pictures of each other.
This was the only one that didn't show my double chin.
And then we had a philosophical discussion on the proprieties of getting groceries while on a date.
The groceries won.
After all, we really needed milk and bananas - and most especially one of those plumber-snake thingamajigs, because Sunshine flushed a pair of underwear down the toilet yesterday.
Happy Date Night!