Monday, May 9, 2011

In which I brag. A lot.

So My Man is done.

DONE!

First year of his executive MBA - history.

(The yard has really missed him. I think there's a couple kids lost back there.)

On Saturday one of his classmates threw a party to celebrate. No kids? Food? Music? Adult conversation? We were so there.

The party was a smash hit. Impeccably decorated, a live calypso band, catered Hawaiian meal - wow. And these really cool candles that looked like shells.

(I'm rather simple minded.)

Oh, and my date was essentially the Homecoming King.


Every time we mingled with a different group, I heard, "There's the whiz kid! Everyone's tutor! The first one done with the final!" Vigorous back slapping and grins. I didn't realize until then that My Man has quite the reputation for brains. I mean - I know he's a genius, but usually I'm the only one who knows. I like to see him recognized.

(He is sooooo going to hate this post.)

It was beyond fun to be hanging on the arm of the most popular, well-liked guy there. I'm so flippin' proud to be his wife.

Congratulations, hun. First, ASU. Next, the world.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Wow! That year went fast :) One more? Or two?

Jenny P. said...

Yay! Congrats to the husband, and to you for hanging in there with him. Having a rockin husband totally rocks. :)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I felt that way when Neil finished. So proud I nearly burst. Sometimes I think I must have, that's how much bigger inside I feel now. =)